Sunday, September 17, 2006

Welcome friends

I've created this blog to have the opportunity to explore and develop my ideas about theological aspects of the major issues and events in our time. A number of us in my seminary have joined together in an online community to create blogs, op-eds and other public statements about our positions on important social, economic and political issues, and to critique each other's perspectives and arguments.

If you're a friend who I've invited to this page or someone who just stumbled upon it, I invite you to PLEASE leave comments and responses to my postings. I am not only a person of faith and a man of conviction, but perhaps most importantly I desire to be helped and challenged voices different from mine.

Welcome!

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger queeniemellie said...

Well, two things come to my mind. First, no one is quintessentially evil. I wish people knew that. The manifestation of ignorance of other cultures is usually the quintesstial evil. Then there is bad biology which can appear to be evil incarnate, but it isn't, it's just bad nature, coupled with bad nurture.
Secondly, the preacher in church yesterday said we need to relearn hospitality. Naming ways in which we deny hospitality; we favor rich over poor, pretty over ugly, etc. and how we as a nation have allowed ourselves to become the terrorists. We are the terrorists was the message I came away with, because I agree with it. So shows like 24 are busy feeding us those messages that make us believe we are virtuous and we just keep rolling along with it. When are we going to call a halt to this insanity?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home